Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bizarre Dreams

Since Daniel's arrival into the world, I've had some super jacked up dreams. Perhaps this will become a regular post? If you can interpret dreams, feel free to comment since they seem to be related and I'm sure they mean something. The most outstanding so far:

Last night: Daniel was a girl (but named Daniel) and while we were at a bar with him/her he/she started to run. Literally running. I looked around to tell Matt that our baby took his/her first steps but that those steps were actually in a sprint. Daniel looked really cute running around the bar and I kept saying how amazing it was that most kids may not walk until the age of 1 or later - but that Daniel is nearly 3 months old and already sprinting!

Last week or so: We were out somewhere and a newborn started walking. In the dream I remember thinking, "Is Daniel behind because he's not walking?" and when I woke up all I could think about was how bizarre a newborn looks walking around a room.

Many weeks ago: I used to live on a great block in the West Village and next door was a restaurant that my roommate, Sara, and I used to frequent. We became friends with the owner who had a son about 5 years ago. In this dream I was on the steps of a pool with Daniel. The pool actually turned into the ocean after the steps ended. Suddenly the owner of the restaurant (who, by the way, I haven't seen in years) came swimming up to us to say hi. Following closely behind was a snorkel. I asked who was swimming with him and all of the sudden his infant son came swimming up to us - goggle and snorkel. I was amazed that his son could swim by himself as an infant but he didn't seem to think it was such a big deal.

I really don't think that Daniel is developmentally behind in any way - so what's up with these dreams??

1 comment:

  1. You know whats funny? I ran into that guy after I left your house last time, as I was getting off PATH. Noodle on that!

    ReplyDelete