Monday, February 14, 2011

And Baby Makes Three... A Valentine's Day Announcement from my Sister.

I've been waiting for 3 months to publish this post.

My sister is 12 weeks pregnant!  Daniel is going to have a baby cousin and I am going to be AUNT! 


This is the picture that Andi sent us from her most recent ultrasound.  I told Daniel that this was his baby cousin and he took the phone (she texted the picture) said "Babyby" then hugged and kissed the phone.  Literally, my sweet little boy hugged and kissed the picture of the baby!

Now, you may be saying "you couldn't know for all 3 months" but my sister and brother-in-law have gone through more than most people on their path to pregnancy and we've known about this little fertilized egg since day one of conception.

Two years ago Andi and Gabe decided to start trying to get pregnant.  It didn't work.  People (myself included) would tell Andi that it takes time.  That while it seems like ladies get pregnant left and right, there is really only a small window of fertility every month.  As the months went on, Andi got a little more nervous, a little more anxious and little sadder. 

Then I got pregnant with Daniel.  I tried not to feel guilty but I knew the day I told her I was pregnant that she cried and I was scared that she would be sad throughout my pregnancy.  Of course, she wasn't because my sister is one of the most selfless people I've ever known.  She embraced my pregnancy and, eventually, became the most supportive person and the most incredible Aunt Daniel could ever ask for.

When Andi finally learned that her eggs were "of not good quality" the entire family rallied around her and Gabe to support their efforts to get pregnant in less traditional ways.  In the end, my sister and Gabe used an egg donor (an entirely new soul searching scenario for me as I am not the donor of her eggs).  When they got the call that they were next on the waiting list for a live donor, we all cheered and breathed a sigh of relief.  And then the day came.  In mid December Andi was implanted with two fertilized eggs and we all held our breath until her first official pregnancy test two days before Christmas.

Now we get to welcome a new baby to our family.  A baby whose parents have gone through so much to have him or her and who we all know will be two of the best parents on earth.  All babies are blessings and this one is a big, huge, amazing blessing.

So, the best Valentine's Day gift is being able to officially congratulate Andi and Gabe on their healthy pregnancy.  We love you so much and Daniel can't wait to teach his baby cousin all of his tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment