Sunday, October 17, 2010

Unsuccessfully Playing Catch-Up

I asked my husband tonight if I was feeling sad because I’m so tired or because I am so overwhelmed with playing catch-up.  He didn’t know I was sad.  To be honest, I didn’t know either until 7:45pm when I started to think about all of the things I had to do, yet had no energy to do.  Guess that answers the question!

Daniel is 15 months old.  He’s walking, running, has a bunch of teeth (finally), is super tall (90th percentile) so he looks like all of the 18 month old kids on the playground and he’s incredibly physically active. He’s hysterical.  Makes us laugh all of the time and he is still calling most animals “kitty” (in fact, we went to a farm today and he ran up to a sheep yelling “kitty”).  His hair grows so fast that he's on haircut #3.  I have amazing photos and videos from all the way back to our Cape Cod vacation with the Bahats in August, Jewish holidays in Atlanta (including a baby gorilla from the Atlanta Zoo which is insanely cute), visits in Philly and with his great grandparents AND one amazing essay from his cousin Lizzie.  Lots to post.
 
I’ve been traveling nearly every other week since the beginning of this year for work.  I can’t really say that it’s “starting” to take its toll as it’s a struggle each and every time.  But, something is different now and I feel like all of the time away from both Daniel and Matt has caught up with me.  Not only am I missing my boys all the time, but my every day to-dos get swept under the rug.
 
Living in a semi-gutted house is also starting to take its toll and I often start screaming while cooking begging for my kitchen to be done already!
 
Because of the half-gutted house, we don’t have a lot of space and have to use a storage unit.  I now have a massive pile in my room made up of things that need to go to storage.  Please someone set fire to this pile so I don’t have to look at it anymore! (that’s a joke just in case someone from the fire department is reading this)
 
I haven’t spoken to my dear friend, Heather, since she moved back home to Minneapolis and I miss her dearly
 
I missed my friend, Jennifer Geiger’s birthday (and probably a slew of others)
 
Oh yeah, I have a full time job that is more demanding than any job I could ever imagine.  Thankful as I am for the job… it’s still, once again, more demanding than I could have ever imagined.
 
I used to talk to my parents nearly every day.  I think I last spoke to them last week.   

This blog’s primary function is to chronicle Daniel’s life but as most of you know, I’ve barely been doing that over the last few months and putting all of the things that are overwhelming me down in writing is actually helping me realize that I’m actually not sad… I’m just fucking busy!  Pity party is OVER!


1 comment:

  1. Poor baby..what did you expect...life to be a bowl cherries....???? You know you love it being the drama queen that we all love.
    Hang in there...mom and I will take Daniel Bing off you hands for a few weeks soon....and we can't wait.

    Love ya...Dad

    ReplyDelete